Our need for Donations and Gifts
LWT is a charity managed entirely by volunteers, run on annual subscriptions and receives no funding from the borough council. We do apply for funding from time to time, most recently we were successful in applying to Thames Water in 2017 for a project carried out over a year, to improve Lavell’s Tern scrape, excavate new reed beds, create a wet grass meadow and install new fencing and viewing screens.
But a large majority of our conservation work is done through volunteer work parties and while we get great support and permission to do our work from Dinton Pastures Countryside Service, access to their tools are is dwindling, meaning we need funds to buy and maintenance our own tools.
Coupled with we carry out a multitude of task over a typical year, these include:
- year-round feeding for tits and finches
- cutting and managing Phragmites reed-beds
- maintenance and repair of hides, paths and fences
- maintaining Sand Martin wall
- maintaining Tern rafts
- cutting back vegetation to keep attracting wildfowl and waders
- scrub and tree management (35-40% of our annual tasks)
- planting new shrubs
If you can help fund our work, please donate to LWT either by;
- using the Paypal button below
- send a cheque to The Treasurer, Lavell’s Wetland Trust, c/o Dinton Pastures Countryside Service, Davis Street, Hurst, Reading, RG10 0TH
- make a bank transfer to: Lavell’s Wetland Trust, HSBC, 26 Broad Street, Reading, RG1 2BU: sort code 40-38-04; account 95012716 (please add the reference “LWT conservation”)
- remember LWT in your will to continue our work into the future – see details below
If you would like to discuss our work or making a donation, please contact LWT’s secretary
Your donation will be worth 25% more to LWT if you can gift aid it. If you are a UK taxpayer and have not already made a declaration to LWT, please send us your Gift Aid Declaration.
Larger annual financial gifts while you are alive
You can of course give substantial money away while you are alive, any gift to a charity is tax free and up to £3,000 per year can be donated out side of any legacy gift arrangement….your accountant, or financial adviser can tell you all about it, or check out HMRC pages https://www.gov.uk/inheritance-tax/gifts
Remembering LWT in your Will leaving a ‘Legacy Gift’ will securing the long term future of Lea Farm Lake (LFL)